TOP TEN HAMILTON SONGS THAT MAKE ME CRY
From least to most amount of tears
- •SatisfiedWhen I first heard this song, I thought, "holy shit no wait why can't everyone be happy no no no"
- •The World Was Wide EnoughThough Hamilton is (spoiler) dying in this song, I didn't cry the most during this song. I do ugly cry through four consecutive songs in Act II. It is very moving in how Lin-Manuel paces the a cappella rapping part of the song.
- •Wait For ItLeslie Odom Jr. makes me cry.
- •Dear TheodosiaSee above. Plus, it's even sadder when you think about Philip's fate. (Edit: someone pointed out that Theodosia is lost at sea during the War of 1812 😶 jesus fucking christ this song just got even more depressing DON'T LOOK AT ME)
- •That Would Be EnoughPhillipa Soo makes me cry the most though. Just listen to how she sings in this song and how it fits in with her storyline.
- •BurnThis song is ol' reliable in the tears department. The pain. THE PAIN. Also, we've reached the part of the musical that makes me bawl.
- •Blow Us All AwayThis starts off happy, but right at the end is the kicker. Also, when listening to it after repeat listens of the album, it's even more sad.
- •Stay Alive (Reprise)JESUS CHRIST LIN-MANUEL WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME??? I did not know I had so many tears.
- •It's Quiet UptownAnd yet somehow, I still have tears for this song. The simple piano at the beginning, the way the emotion is delivered: UGH I NEED TISSUES
- •Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your StoryI must say, Phillipa Soo ONCE AGAIN brings me to tears. The pain in Eliza's voice is so fucking palpable. I live for finales. I'm sure it'll be Les Miz-level of tears and emotions when I see it live.
- •Bonus: Alexander HamiltonI do cry during this song, but mostly because it's so perfect. Perfection brings me to tears, and this song is the epitome of perfection.