🇨🇦WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE CANADIAN 🇨🇦
Because IT'S CANADA DAY
- •Feeling very involved in American politics but then realizing it'll only affect you when King Trump decides to annex you
- •Measuring height and weight in inches/feet and pounds, but distance in kilometers and meters???I have no explanation.
- •Getting offended whenever Americans call us their "top hat"Seriously, cut that shit out.
- •Being okay with Drake representing your country because he's better than Justin Bieber
- •Everyone is jealous of your hot prime minister which you feel deserving of because your previous one looked like fucking Ava from ex_machina's grandfather and was a piece of shit "human"Stephen Harper.
- •Getting really pissed that 2001: A Space Odyssey (among many, many other things) is only on American Netflix and Hola for Chrome doesn't work on there anymoreFuck
- •Laughing when your online Uruguayan friend complains about +3 degree weather in their winterTry -10
- •Getting pissed at your Sri Lankan friend for loving Popeye's poutineTHAT IS NOT POUTINE
- •Not worrying about maxing out your credit cards at the hospital 😝
- •Your favourite artists going to Toronto, maybe Vancouver, and that's it, so you don't go to many concerts because you'd have to fly clear across the country or drive two hours in heavy traffic. (They might also go to Detroit but why would you willingly go there)It was a HUGE deal when Ed Sheeran came to my town last year. Best concert I've ever seen.
- •Getting really excited when you get an American store, then feeling let down when they leave
- •Wondering where the "aboot" stereotype came from because you've never heard it in your lifeThe closest I've come to that is my film teacher, who says "aboat"
- •Trying to savour today because Americans will be all in your face on Monday 🙄