Top 10 desert island albums
So @pili_ervin and I talked about our deserted island top ten albums yesterday (he's one of the best conversationalists btw❤️). This is difficult because I love all types of music (except heavy metal and country), but here it is, as of this point in my life. The first 6 will never change (not in any order of preference).
- •Marvin Gaye-What's Going OnLove, love this album. Emotional and radical.
- •Santana-AbraxasIt's a mix of rock, jazz, blues and salsa that just makes a home in my soul. Samba Pa Ti was our wedding song.
- •Al Green-Al Green Greatest HitsCheating a bit as it is a greatest hits album but I've been listening to this since I was a love lorn teen.
- •Joni Mitchell-BlueSo romantic, so painful. A Case of You.
- •Four Tops-Reach OutThis album has one of my all time fav songs: Bernadette. Soulful and emotional, oh my.
- •Derek and the Dominoes-Layla and Other Assorted Love SongsGosh I must be a romantic at heart. This is the way Layla should be played. Clapton is God.
- •Bonnie Raitt-Give It Up.Soothing voice, wonderful lyrics. The best Bonnie IMO.
- •Van Morrison-moondanceIntimate. Poetry.
- •Bruce Springsteen-Born to RunThis was my go to album in college.
- •Not sure which one: Adel-21 or DMB-Crash