QUOTES I'VE HIGHLIGHTED IN MY KINDLE
I usually highlight things and completely forget about them. Let's take a look.
- •The night was as black as the inside of a cat.Wyrd Sisters, by Terry Pratchett.
- •"You're making a mistake," he said. "Won't be my first."Leviathan Wakes, by James S.A. Corey.
- •I opened three of my mouths, all in close proximity to each other on the temple plaza, and sang with those three voices, "My heart is a fish, hiding in the water-grass..."Ancillary Justice, by Ann Leckie. (READ THIS.)
- •"A life you love."A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.
- •Aunt Alexandra was fanatical on the subject of my attire. I could not possibly hope to be a lady if I wore breeches; when I said I could do nothing in a dress, she said I wasn't supposed to be doing things that required pants.To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- •It's not healthy having God sleeping right there where we can all watch him dream.Caliban's War, by James S.A. Corey.
- •"Most people don't want trouble, but frightened people are liable to do very dangerous things."Ancillary Mercy, by Ann Leckie.
- •"By Aladdin's lamplit scrotum, man!"Practical Demonkeeping, by Christopher Moore.
- •"His tower was broken, he'd drunk Spindle-water, and he'd held my hand."Uprooted, by Naomi Novik.
- •"It is destroying me that I cannot ask you to dance," Marco whispers as she passes by him in the ballroom, the deep green of his suit seeping across her gown like moss. "Then you are far to easily destructible."The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern.
- •Because survival is insufficient.Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel.