THINGS I OVERHEAR AT WORK
- •"I'm just concerned that college is turning him into a liberal."About her son, who had come back from his freshman year with some actual opinions.
- •"You know, the problem is that our CEO is a woman. She's doing this because she thinks she has to prove herself."He didn't like the new company-wide education initiative.
- •"What's it called? The Princess Bride? Uh, no, I haven't. I only had boys, you know, so doesn't sound like a movie that would have gone over well at my house."
- •"The problem is that schools can't spank the kids anymore. Everyone freaks out. But sometimes kids need whipped, you know? How else will they learn?"
- •"Did you know there are more gays in this county than any other county in the state?"This is false, and was irrelevant to our business meeting.
- •"They don't want to care cancer because there's so much money in treating it. That's the truth."
- •"You can't tell me they can't cure AIDS. AIDS is just a virus. They kill viruses all the time. So why can't they kill this one?"Same conversation as the above cancer conspiracy.