It was the raddest of weeks...
July 9-15, with no previous warnings or announcements, turned out to be one of the raddest in recent history. It all started with a spider...
- •Spider-Man: HomecomingI never expected to be moved as much as I was by this movie, and I never expected I would call it my favorite entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Tom Holland is fantastic. The entire cast is wonderful. I got emotional over a display of backpacks at Costco. Larbed it!
- •Baby DriverTwo movies in one week and they were both brilliant. Baby Driver was a killer mix-tape-as-heist film and a validation for those of us for whom music is the true joy of driving.
- •The Tick trailerEver since seeing the pilot on Amazon Prime back in October, I've been super stoked for this latest iteration of one of my all-time favorite comic books. The trailer only stoked that...stoked. Super stoked!
- •CastlevaniaIt's on Netflix. It's written by Warren Ellis. True Loves™ Graham McTavish and Richard Armitage lend their gorgeous voices to it. Richard says the swears. A lot. Delightful!
- •PilgrimageIt doesn't come out until next month, but I watched a BTS and I need this movie like I need oxygen. Perfect Human™ Richard Armitage speaks french and wields a sword! Beautiful Child™ Tom Holland speaks Irish and is precious beyond all reason! Lovely Man™ Jon Bernthal doesn't say a word and takes his shirt off! Need it!
- •The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mckenzi LeeI love this book. LOVE IT! Best bloody thing I've read in years. I finished it this morning, after three days of squeezing in reading time any chance I got. It's an 18th century romantic adventure that comments on race, sexuality, gender, and class. I have a new OTP in Monty and Percy and they are properly ruining my life. Also wouldn't mind having a Percy of my own.
- •Entertainment Weekly Black Panther PicsEW published pics of what is sure to be my next favorite Marvel film. Gorgeous cast, beautiful costumes, and the only white cast member of note just happen to be True Loves™ Andy Serkis and Martin Freeman. SQUEEEE!!!
- •New trailer for the live action Fullmetal Alchemist movie.Feels. All the freaking feels! And I'm so glad we get to see Maes Hughes die AGAIN!