DEADLY TOYS AND GAMES I PLAYED WITH
When I was a kid no one worried about chemical or environmental issues. Here is a list of what I played with. Somehow, I managed to survive.
- •Pure mercury!My dad would bring it home. I would make globules and move it around. It would magically break apart and then come back together. No hazmat suit needed
- •Radium.I had a glow in the dark radium watch. Batteries not included.
- •Doesn't Hungry Hungry Hippos make the cut?Suggested by @evan
- •Gilbert chemistry setThis set contained radioactive material and other hazardous chemicals. No big deal. Those were the days when you hid under your desk to protect you from a nuclear blast.
- •Spark guns, cork guns,Cap gunsThey could cause burns or take your eye out. And they often did.
- •Bows and arrowsMy friend and I played with them in the street. He accidentally shot me in the jaw. When I got older, I grew a beard.
- •Dry iceYou could get nasty freezer burns.