PRODUCT NAMES THAT ALMOST MADE IT
In one of our employment incarnations, we were "namers". We were paid to come up with names for products, like toilets, pizzas, cars and credit cards. Here are some names we liked, that never made it:
- •Poof of Purchase/Capitol One Purchase EraserWe liked Poof of Purchase but the suits went for Purchase Eraser. The original working title of the project
- •G-Gnome/Chevy SonicChevy wanted a name for a small car that had the DNA of the old Chevy's. We liked The Chevy G-Gnome but the front office chose Sonic😥
- •Absolute Zero/Capital One Zero points mortgageWe were looking for an interesting angle and they went for blunt descriptive.
- •Double Perking/capital One Double Rewards CardNot sure what they finally chose but it wasn't The Cap One Double Perking Card.
- •Venture Card/Venture CardWe were Ok with this one. We presented thousands of names, this being one of them. They passed it by and then two months later, circled back and chose it😀