99 Problems But Community Ain't 1
List People. I need your help. My 2016 has been a creative dud. I want to write more often but I have no self discipline. Also the local Creative Writing MA program moved to another campus too far away :'( I dunno bout you but I could use some external pressure.
- •This list is about collectively achieving goals.
- •Li.sters are so smart, thoughtful & do such a wide array of things, if even one beneficial partnership or exchange can come of this that hasn't already happened, I'll be satisifed. I don't know exactly how this would work, if at all, but I know I can't be the only person who needs a nudge to help them get things done.Also, I have no li.st klout so those of you who do, feel free to play with & amplify this idea. I haven't thought this through so I'm sure someone who is better at organising things could do a better job.
- •If you want to accomplish something and feel you're in a bit of a rut, why not buddy up with someone on li.st for mutual ass-kicking & accountability. Let's life coach each other without the sky-high fees.We need to share just enough so that we can be kept on our toes but not so much that privacy & future intellectual property lawsuits become an issue :/. Although, for the record, I have no intention of ever stealing anyone's ideas!
- •I am going to post a list every week where I reflect on what I wrote (or didn't :/) and include a snippet of dialogue or prose so that it's obvious I made an effort to actually write.
- •Please send me list requests to fuel my creativity. I'd also love for someone to chastise me if I'm slacking off :pEven if I can't find a lister to be my personal howler, I'm hoping just the fact that I have to report my progress in a weekly list will provide some momentum.
- •If you'd like some help, add a creative goal here & potentially find someone to provide some encouragement/much-needed whip-cracking , whatever the case may be👍 If you want to learn to cook or speak a new language etc, I'm sure there's someone on list who has already achieved this goal & has tips or ways to challenge you.Or someone might have a similar goal and you can do check-ins with each other. This may or may not pan out in the way you want it to, but at the very least, you'll be producing.
- •If you'd like to help someone with a stated goal or have a similar goal, @ them in the comments section.
- •PS this is about productivity and anything else is a bonus. There's no expectation for anyone to judge content. You simply need to communicate at least once a fortnight & see what happens.
- •Cheers to 2017 :)