So this happened yesterday...
- •At least 85 civilians were killed in Syria after a US airstrike 'mistake'. More than a dozen were children.
- •Isis leaders are monsters. But let's not kid ourselves about who helps plant the seeds of hate they water. Clear-cut heroes & villains are for Marvel movies.
- •I made this list because I didn't see anything on here about it. The silence was pretty deafening.
- •I get it. There are so many incidents like this, there's only so much we can emote before we become drained.
- •But imagine living in an area experiencing the consequences of the military industrial complex and/or the not-so-benevolent foreign policy of rich & powerful countries that want to stay that way. How fucking tiring must that be? Civilians don't choose to be a part of wars started by greedy douchebags.
- •Those 85 people a lot of us didn't hear about [?] or chose to ignore for a bunch of depressing reasons including the idea that they had the potential to become radicalised....Their lives mattered. If you already know that Steve Jobs was the son of a Syrian immigrant, I'm telling you again.
- •So this list is an umbrella for the Pray For hashtags that don't exist. For the innocent people who are persecuted domestically & abroad who are deemed unimportant.
- •Violence & hunger are not things humans can ever get used to even though we seem existentially intertwined with the former.
- •I wish things were different.
- •But while I'm wishing, I will try my damned best to be & seek the good in this world. And to remember.