The last 6 things I bookmarked after reading
As a low-key hoarder, I collect a LOT of screenshots and bookmarks. I present the top of the barrel of webpages I've starred for unlikely but possible future reference.
- 1.A portrait of racism: The making of #MattTheunissen, by a former classmateSouth Africa has been a democracy for 22 years. An entire generation (my generation) has grown up in a post-Apartheid society. So when someone from said age group spews out racist vitriole, it feels like a betrayal you knew existed being rubbed in your face. http://mg.co.za/article/2016-05-05-a-portrait-of-racism-the-making-of-matttheunissen-by-a-former-classmate
- 2.Peacock cupcake wedding cake exists to make you jealousLove peacocks. Love cake. Love that this is probably the most subtle dirty joke anyone could have at their wedding. (Extra points for the geeks who know that only male peacocks have those gorgeous colours) http://mashable.com/2016/04/29/wedding-cake-peacock/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#Nhxyg5O_Omqo
- 3.A brief guide to everything that’s annoying about AppleI've never owned an Apple product in my life. Mostly because I don't have enough money for aesthetically beautiful tech AND expensive gastronomical/bucket-list experiences but also because the gadgets I've bought have largely done what I needed them to do. This bookmark is to jog my memory when this debate that I don't really care about crops up (again). https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/apr/27/a-brief-guide-to-everything-thats-annoying-about-apple?CMP=twt_gu
- 4.Priyanka Chopra's Favorite DIY Beauty TipsFormer Miss World. First South Asian to headline an American network drama series. Time 100. Slay, girl, slay 👳👸 Even though 6th Generation South African Indians can't speak Desi, they still eat Desi, so yes Priyanka Chopra, I will gladly take kitchen beauty tips from you. http://motto.time.com/4291260/priyanka-chopra-beauty-tips/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter
- 5.That’s so Roger: Evaluating Federer’s cocky commentsI'm on the sane side of the line between Nadal fan/stan. So while I recognize Federer's GOAT status, it really gets my goat when people fail to see how arrogant he can be. Honestly, I can't count the number of times he's masked a favourable remark about himself in a compliment for another player. 😠 http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/roger-evaluating-federer-cocky-comments-154457703.html
- 6.Oh, So Now I’m Bangladeshi?Living in England for almost a year & a half made me appreciate the lack of discomfort experienced by long-established minorities in SA. Our rainbow nation is a healing injury that flares up on a regular basis. But that pain in the ass you know is still a South African pain in the ass who Trevor Noah can make laugh. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/10/opinion/oh-so-now-im-bangladeshi.html?referer= So that's my first list done and dusted! If any human has actually read up to this point, yay 👏