versions of cinderella, ranked
let me preface this by saying that i'm only listing the ones i'm familiar with and also there is no bad version of the cinderella's i've seen so whatever i rank "last" isn't necessarily awful. ok let's go:
- •the 1997 tv versionobv i have a bias and a soft spot for this version because it was a huge part of my childhood and it was the first cinderella i saw. but like, this version is actually literally perfect? african-american cinderella, whoopi goldberg and victor garber spawning a filipino prince, bernadette peters, jason alexander, whitney houston as the gotdang fairy godmother? literally FLAWLESS
- •the 2015 moviecate!!! blanchett!!! as lady!!! tremaine!!! THAT DRESS TRANSFORMATION SCENE IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE WITNESSED I CRY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT?
- •the live tv version with julie andrewstag yrself, i'm rodgers and hammerstein writing a musical because it meant they would be able to work with julie andrews
- •the 1950 animated disney filmilene woods calling cinderella "spunky" like yes GIRL you /get/ it. also 'a dream is a wish your heart makes' is an absolute bop
- •the broadway musicalthat 😭 costume 😭 change 😭also, the girls who have gone on to play ella? iconic. (ALSO FRAN!!! DRESCHER!!! AS THE STEP!!! MOTHER!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼)
- •a cinderella storyi haven't seen this in ages but i remember enjoying this as a child