Social Work and this Election
- •I am actually re-evaluating my post-undergraduate plans because of this election.
- •A lot of programs and services are going to have their funds cut, or drastically decreased as a result of a majority republican government.
- •Looking forward, I don't think it would be wise to get my Masters right after receiving my Bachelors.
- •I'm a junior, and if I get my Masters, I'd be seeking a job in about 3 and a half years.
- •If Trump gets his way, a lot of programs will be cut or under-funded, so there will not be a huge need for social workers.
- •I am almost thinking it would be smarter to try to secure a job right after graduation and work on my MSW at a later time.
- •Side note, I've had approximately 10 panic attacks since Trump had been elected.