Things I Wish I Was Taught When I Was Younger
- •apologies aren't always enough.
- •you don't have to forgive someonesome people are shitty and don't deserve your forgiveness
- •kindness doesn't always workif someone is being shitty/problematic and aren't responding to kindness, you don't have to keep being kind towards them.
- •It's okay to feel sad or unhappy even if the things you are sad about pale in comparison to someone else's issuesSuggested by @k8mcgarry
- •you don't EVER have to apologize for your feelings. you're allowed to feel how you feel, regardless of what other people say/think.*as long as you're acting appropriately on the feelingsSuggested by @taylordudzinski
- •you can do things at your own paceYou aren't a lesser person if it takes you a little longer to accomplish certain things than your peers.Suggested by @kaitmaree
- •Your time, spirit, mental energy, and opinions are valuable. Don't throw any of them away on people who don't deserve them.Don't date assholes. Don't waste time with false friends. Speak your mind with kindness and live honestly, regardless of what others might think.Suggested by @jennyanydots