THE BOOK THAT CHANGED MY LIFE
Thanks @ChrisK for the suggestion!
- •HOLD WITH ME ON THIS
- •Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- •It's the first adult book I read
- •I had been getting bored with middle grade books
- •I had almost stopped reading completely
- •And then the movie came out when I was in 5th grade
- •And I loved it!
- •I gave my parents a list of reasons why I was adult enough to read it
- •My dad had to read it first to give it the okay
- •This is huge bc my mom is the reader in our family but she sticks to romance. She didn't want to read it
- •Michael Crichton became my dad's favorite authorAnd I'm pretty sure still is. He was quite upset at the news of the author's death
- •And it opened up so many doors for me at 10 years old
- •With guidance from teachers, I started reading classicsJane Eyre, The Three Musketeers and I saw my first Shakespeare play.
- •I was reminded how much I loved the different worlds I found on books
- •It still sounds crazy even to me
- •But Jurassic Park changed my reading life