WAYS TO STAY AWAKE (OR NIGHT SHIFT STRUGGLES)
I worked third shift this weekend and now need to spend Sunday trying to flip back to a semi-normal sleeping schedule. Help is appreciated!
- •Do not get too comfortable!Change out of pjs, don't get too warm, DO NOT LIE DOWN. Probably the most important and hardest advice
- •Easy cleaning (laundry, vacuum, etc.)Something with little higher level thinking so if you mess up nothing is ruined!
- •Reading plot driven bookMystery, suspense, romance, etc. Anything to keep your attention. I usually start reading it standing until I get hooked into plot
- •Watch scary movie(s)
- •Go outsideTake a walk! Even if it's cold or ugly it will keep you awake
- •Find a friend or family member to hang with you to help keep you awakeI always fail at planning this ahead of time. Phone calls to loved ones are also helpful!
- •Work outNeed to find something that won't be too exhausting but something that give enough endorphins to wake you up. I struggle with this balance
- •Catch up with social media
- •Click bait in the InternetAll else fails, the Internet is always there for all your random searches