Books I Read This Month (November)
- •Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria SempleI really liked this one. Compiled through different documents— emails, handwritten notes, articles, it's tells the story of a semi-crazy mother unravels the events leading up to her disappearance.
- •This Is Where It Ends by Marieke NijkampThis one was okay, and really heavy. It's about the day of a school shooting at a high school in the middle of nowhere America. It changes between four narrators who each have their own connection to the shooter.
- •Dear Fang, With Love by Rufi ThorpeOkay this one was good and a fun quick read. It follows Vira and her estranged father on a trip to Lithuania. Vira just coming off of a psychotic breakdown and her father trying to build a relationship with her that he was denied by her mother.
- •The Chosen One by Carol Lynch WilliamsSO GOOD. This one is written by @finny_in_space's creative writing teacher at BYU and she recommended it to me. It follows Kyra, a thirteen year old girl living in a cult community. She loves her family and would be content with her life if it weren't for her secrets: her books and Joshua.
- •And I Darken by Kiersten WhiteI 👏loved 👏this👏book👏 I saw this author speak at a panel at our comic con this year and she was so cute I had to read her stuff. This one was historical fiction about Vlad the Impaler— only Vald is Lada: a headstrong, violent young woman. It's so good. It's like 400 pages and I read it in like five days that's how good it is.