Things I Did to Feel a Little Bit Better
Inspired by @plaidflannel
- •Read everythingLists, twitter, BuzzFeed... It's like an anxiety thing, I think things will get better if I can just figure out as much as I can about what's happening? It's flawed logic, but it calms my nerves idk
- •Listened to a lot of NPR
- •Listened to a lot of HamiltonIf you scream Hamilton's part in A Farmer Refuted it helps a little bit.
- •Listened to the Hamilton Mixtape's remix of My ShotLike... 10 times? I lost count.
- •Listened to an episode of Buffering the Vampire SlayerWhich was released a little early in wake of the election, bless their hearts. It was really what I needed. (They also liked my tweet about it(!!!))
- •Listened to a new episode of the Orbiting Human CircusJust... a lot of podcasts today. It's was a good escape.
- •Was thankful for Obamas and puppiesDidn't write the poem, but doesn't it just speak to your soul?
- •Was thankful for GrouploveAnd considered buying a plane ticket to Washington to see their show because that would've been EXACTLY what I needed. Blasted their songs instead.
- •Was thankful for ZendayaNot everything's bad. Look— Zendaya's going to be in the new Spider-Man movie.
- •Talked about it with my momWho voted for Hillary.
- •Ranted about it to my sisterWho sat quietly and listened to me go on and on and on...
- •Had an actually (mostly) okay discussion about what happened with one of my republican friendsI only yelled a little bit. He didn't yell at all, which was appreciated.
- •Listened to Hillary's concession speechAnd cried.
- •Watched videos of protestorsAnd cried.
- •Drove up to the top of a hill in the dark.And cried.
- •Wrote this list.Everything feels broken. I know everyone's scared. I know I'm scared. Just... we can't give up, not now or ever.
- •To quote Lin-Manuel's mom:"This too, shall pass."