Things I Miss About High School
Anyone who tells you high school was better than college is lying--but I do miss a few things.
- •Everything was insideI never pictured myself getting frostbite walking from class to class in high school. Now I can picture it very well.
- •Sluffing was harder and had less tempting resultsMy on-campus dorm bed is always so close. And there are no judgmental adults between me and a nap.
- •Tiny milk cartonsNo one needs more milk than what's in those tiny milk cartons.
- •Knowing everyone's nameEven if they weren't my friends, I shared a big piece of common history with most of the students in my high school.
- •AssembliesNone of us had class from 8 to 9 AM, and someone from the administration was up on stage getting a pie in the face.
- •Football games cost like three dollarsI still don't want to go, but in high school I could show polite interest in sports one day of the year without it costing me a fortune.