Upcoming Shows at the Shakespeare Festival, Ranked by How Much Money I'm Ready to Pay for Tickets
I have been going to the Cedar City Shakespeare festival since I was ten. It's just my JAM and I am so stoked for this year's line up, not sorry if this list bores everyone else to tears
- 1.Shakespeare in Love: The PlayHow does a movie as inaccurate as Shakespeare in Love translate on stage? Especially when that stage is in a literal replica of the Globe?! I just NEED to know.
- 2.Romeo and JulietI have a soft spot for R+J because I played Juliet in high school. Plus, this show is going to be part of a double feature! The actors performing in Shakespeare in Love are double cast in this show. Both shows are using the same set and costumes.
- 3.William Shakespeare's Long Lost First Play (Abridged)This is a show by the same guys that wrote The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged). Basically both shows are really fast-paced satire of Shakespeare. We high-brow fans love us some inside jokes.
- 4.A Midsummer Night's DreamI've seen this show twice and I've played Titania. But this production's going to be set in the 1920's. I'm betting it's GORGEOUS.
- 5.As You Like ItI've read this show but never seen it, and that just ain't acceptable.
- 6.Guys and DollsI've been in this show, and seeing a show I was in is always fun. But I'm not a fan of Frank Sinatra isn't in it.
- 7.The TavernAll I know about this play is that they're adapting it to make it local, so they can make a bunch of local jokes, which I'm never that in to.
- 8.How to Fight LonelinessThis play is premiering here, which makes me nervous. Also, you guys...who designed this logo.
- 9.Treasure IslandI hated reading it in seventh grade and I'm never going back.