16 things I learned in 2016
Everything you wanted to know plus some stuff you really didn't want to know
- •Getting dressed, even if you aren't leaving, makes you feel better. Get dressed every day.Staying in bed hurts
- •A brisket sandwich can fix most anything
- •Musicals are magic
- •Other people think I'm funnyGot my first comedy writing job!
- •You don't need to be on good terms with everyone- especially abusive peopleUnlike Voldemort and Harry Potter, both of us can coexist without communication or one of us being dead
- •What gaslighting is and how it affects me
- •Contrary to my prior belief, sleeping with an ex won't make you hate yourself less, in fact it will do the oppositeAnd on the low remind you just how allergic to latex you are. (I omitted this TMI but my lovely roommate insisted I add it back and she has to live with me so I listen to her)
- •Trust your friends. They love you.They also warned you about the above lesson.
- •Tinder is good for a confidence booster but not for actual connections
- •Jeans, boots and signature scents are worth investing in
- •Sometimes fake eyelashes look like caterpillars- beware.
- •I am me, without or without a boy
- •My mom gets it
- •You can't ignore your issues and hope they get better on their own.
- •Spending 5 bucks a week on halal chicken over rice is the best self love. Cart food is the best food.
- •Practice your craft!!!! It pays off!!!