MEDIA OF THE WEEK 11/15
- •Jill Lepore says political polls are unreliable and misleading. Even if they present an exact representation of the public opinion, can we handle a direct democracy?
- •In the case of Grime and Punishment, Justice John Hodgman rules against hiring a house cleaner so that the husband must clean the house or admit himself that a housekeeper is necessary.
- •George Saunders writes about an absurdist world where television commercials come to life ("In Persuasion Nation") and the Air Forces PR division experiences inner turmoil ("CommComn").
- •David Rees learns how to pet a dog.
- •Started reading the book-app, "The Pickle Index", the story of a society dominated by a ruthless dictator who subjects her subjects to a life built around the cultivation and consumption of all things pickled.