COMEDIC PREMISES ONE SHOULD GENERALLY AVOID
- •Netflix, but with _________.Mapping is a great way to explore a comedic idea, but I have seen more than enough "dating Netflix" or "addicted to Netflix" sketches to last a lifetime.
- •Tinder, but with _________.See above description.
- •"Baby It's Cold Outside" is creepy!There's probably a new, original take on this, but I doubt you have one. It seems rapey, we get it. (It actually isn't, but that's a list for another day.)
- •Bad Doctor/Bad LawyerThis can be done well. "The Simpsons" has done BOTH of these incredibly well. But you have to be specific. HOW are they bad? What makes them uniquely terrible?
- •Coming out of the closet, but about _________."Mom, Dad...I don't like The Beatles." I have seen this one more than anything else. The biggest problem - aside from being unoriginal - is that it makes light of something that is very painful for a lot of people. Coming out to your family and friends is not a joke. I understand that you're applying stakes to an otherwise mundane situation, but find a better and more creative way to do that.