I'M TURNING 27 IN HALF AN HOUR.
- •I'm not sure how to feel.I get this way every birthday if I'm left alone with my thoughts. I am alone. Here are my thoughts.
- •I'm young but I'm not YOUNG anymore.No one is impressed with your accomplishments when you're 27. It's always oh, you're 27, that sounds about right. You're much more likely to get "You're 27, and that's IT? That's all you've done??" I know this shouldn't bother me, but it does.
- •I don't want to be an asshole now.I was an asshole when I was younger. Rarely malicious, but definitely not pleasant to be around. That's out of my system now. I just want to make people happy. I don't care if it's trite, it's true.
- •I'll put too much pressure on myself tomorrow.Tomorrow needs to be wonderful. I mean, it doesn't. It doesn't have to be. But if it's not, I will have failed myself. But I won't. But I'll think about it. You see?
- •Should I listen to any specific songs tomorrow?What sounds like "27"?
- •Am I doing this right?Was 26 what it should have been? What's next?
- •We just keep going forward.Until we don't anymore.
- •Happy Birthday?It will be. Probably. We'll see.