MY 3 A.M. EXISTENTIAL CRISIS
It all happened so fast.
- •I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth before bed.
- •I open the Music app on my phone so I'll have something to listen to. I choose "The Absence of God" by Rilo Kiley.
- •I listen to the song in its entirety. It reminds me of college.
- •I'm sad Rilo Kiley broke up, I think. They made such beautiful music together.
- •Oh no.
- •They'll never get back together, will they?
- •I'll never be a college student again, will I?
- •We all just keep going forward.
- •And then we die.
- •Now I'm lying in the bed, staring at the ceiling, wondering how Rilo Kiley became a metaphor for human existence.
- •I can't sleep.
- •And I'm filled with dread
- •But at least my teeth are clean.