REALLY NICE THINGS ABOUT ANOTHER EX/GIRL I LIKED
Requested by @videodrew
- •I didn't break up with Anna. I left.I moved to Los Angeles and left her in Mississippi. It was the right decision. But that doesn't mean I didn't sit at some Burger King in Texas crying over a plate of chicken fries. That's not an embellishment, that literally happened.
- •I knew I wanted to date Anna from the moment I saw her. Even before I knew what she looked like.I was working at a clothing store called Buckle. I came to work one day, and they told me the new girl was in the dressing room trying on clothes. I inadvertently caught a peek of her as the door swung open (she was clothed), and I caught a very brief glimpse of her. And somehow I knew.
- •I had to woo Anna.Anna was sort of dating someone else. So I said okay, that's cool. And then she got sick (like fever sick, not cancer sick). So I brought her a smoothie and kept her company. She made me so late for class with that smoothie run. I didn't care.
- •I liked Anna so much, a woman literally showed up at my door one night without a shirt on and I turned her away. At the same time, Anna was on a date with the other guy. MShe was wearing a vest. No shirt. No bra. I let her in, but I didn't get close to her. She eventually left, no doubt very confused.
- •Anna was new to the school (I was a senior and she was a freshman), so I convinced her to let me take her out for Halloween.She was the old college girl favorite "A Flapper." I was Nightman, because, you know, 2009.
- •We dated secretly. No one at work knew. It is easily the hottest thing I have ever done.I'm serious. Being in a secret relationship is better than sex. Every interaction is foreplay, full of subtext and sexual energy. And it's done right under everyone's noses.
- •We had one fight. Just one, in the seven months we were together.It was for a legitimate reason. No petty fights with Anna. She was so secure, so relaxed. Especially for a college freshman.
- •I miss Anna.As a friend, if nothing else. She was a joy to be around. She's engaged now, to a guy who once picked a fight with me on Facebook because I criticized the cast of "Duck Dynasty." Oh well, she's in Mississippi. Options are limited. I imagine she's happy. She wouldn't be with him if she wasn't.
- •Thank you @videodrew. This was nice to think about.