SENIOR PORTRAIT PHOTO SHOOT
My mom made me do this.
- •This is what I dressed like in high school.Initially this photo was supposed to be a counterpoint on the absurdity to come, but I think you'll find the lesson is I looked stupid all the time.
- •But for my senior photos (I assume this is a thing everyone does and not a small town Mississippi thing?), I had to dress in "church clothes." Like this.
- •We shot multiple poses for each look.In this one, I'm holding onto a tree.
- •I owned clothes like this because my high school girlfriend sort of forced me to? Here we are on a couch.Note my excessively ill-fitting jeans.
- •Back to the photo shoot!I'm very much over the whole thing here, but my mom thought it read as "contemplative."
- •This look produced some gold.This looks like the album cover of an independently produced country record.
- •GOLD.This one is still hanging in a frame in my childhood home.
- •To be honest, I was excited about this one.Everyone in my high school had a train track picture and I made a point to tell the photographer I needed one too.
- •Unrelated to this list, but while going through photos I found this one of my high school girlfriend and me in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" and it's fucking precious.