TV I WATCHED WITH MY MOTHER GROWING UP
This deserves its own list, because while my family didn't have much shared TV time together, my mom and I did.
- •Arrested DevelopmentI had already seen it all, but I watched the entire series a second time with my mom and my little sister.
- •The Office (U.S.)The second season aired during my senior year of high school. I would rush home from my part time job at the pizza place to watch it with her. I'd only miss the cold open (the town was so small that I would get home by the end of the opening credits - really), and we would watch it together while eating leftover pizza. My mom still quotes the "rules of shotgun" monologue from "The Injury" to this day.
- •American DreamsRemember this one? "American Bandstand," a baby Brittany Snow? One of the first series we binge-watched on DVD.
- •Desperate HousewivesWe both lost interest around season three, but for the first couple of years we were RIVETED.
- •The West WingI came to this late, and I introduced my mom to it even later. We started watching it when I was home one Christmas, and when I came back to California, we would watch it separately then call each other and talk about it.
- •Friday Night LightsSame with "The West Wing," a lot of the "watching together" was done separately with a lot of phone updates. I was always a little bit ahead of her, so I was able to give her fair warning about season two.
- •LostAgain, another remote "together" viewing experience, but I did make a point to drive back home from college the night of the series finale so we could watch it together.