It's so hot here that...
Background: "Here" is Japan, and "hot" is anywhere between 30 to 35 degrees Celsius. (Note that I'm from Scotland, where even in summer it's usually 15, so this is a big deal!!)
- •I choose where to go based on whether or not they have air conditioning.
- •My shower can only produce hot water if I press a button on the boiler. I've been here a week, and I still haven't pressed it!
- •The absolute greatest gift anyone can give me is ice cold water.
- •I've taken to freezing water bottles because ordinary tap water just isn't cold enough.They thaw out enough to start drinking in just a few minutes!
- •The other day I was excited because it felt much cooler. It was still 26 degrees.