Ways Working in Elementary School is Like Being a Minor Celebrity
This is my second week of full time classes, so I'm still a novelty to them. 😝
- 1.Almost all the students know who I am, and will shout my name if they see me.And if they don't know my name, they'll still say hello or get excited.
- 2.Three 6th grade classes at one school literally got me to sign their belongings before I could leave.Items signed: Textbooks, files, pencil cases. With requests: Small signature, big signature, "draw a picture of yourself too!"
- 3.Self introduction lessons, or any time there's some free time, the kids want to ask me all sorts of random questions, like an interview.This kind of warrants its own separate list, but they range from the inane to the super personal!
- 4.If I say hi or wave to a kid, they freak out and turn to their friends excitedly.Literally never in my life have I garnered such a response from just saying: "Hello!" on my way to the bathroom.
- 5.Everyone wants to do menial tasks for me.I think nothing of picking something up if I drop it, or collecting flash cards from the blackboard at the end of class, but before I can even get the chance to, five kids have swarmed in and completed the task!