Things I'll Do Once I've Had a Hip Replacement
Since I was 7 years old I've been severely limited because of my diseased left hip. I've had surgeries, braces, casts, wheelchairs, walkers, crutches. Chronic pain, inflammation, and arthritis. Now at 33, I'm waiting patiently for a total hip replacement. These are the things I dream of doing:
- •RunI haven't been able to run since I was 7 years old. All I want in the world is to feel the wind in my face while I sprint as fast as I can. I can't even imagine how that will feel but it's my greatest dream.
- •Hike mountainsTaking in the scenery.
- •Walk around parks and cities.I can only go 1/8 of a mile now and I want to see the rest of it!
- •Enjoy my time at a state fair/amusement park.All the fun, none of the pain.
- •Bike the length of the bike path.Just cuz.
- •Travel to places that involve a lot of walking, hikingItaly, Iceland, I'm looking at you!
- •Go to the grocery store, Target, AND the mall - all in the same day!Crazy! I literally cannot imagine what this feels like but it sounds like freedom.