PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE THOUGHTS AFTER GETTING PUBLISHED IN NATURE
after months of peer review i heard last night that they are going to publish. Not only that they think its a significant advancement. Its really humbling. But even more surprising were some of the malevolent thoughts that came immediately after as the news sank into me. (In order)
- •So first thought yayyyyy!!!! I got published ppl can now respect me a lill bit.
- •My advisor has one less reason for kicking me out yayyy again
- •When this gets published I should print out a copy in color and send this to dr. Xxxxxx with a big "F*** YOU BITCH, S*** ON THIS" written in bold black markerBackground: I worked in this guys lab my first semester of my phd. and it didn't work out coz he was a nano-manager and big jerk. He insisted I memorize equations i mean who does that among other things. But also coz he didn't have any funding for me. So when i was leaving he says to me "i think ur a nice guy but not a good scientist". I was totally shaken by that and it was the first time I ever questioned my choice for doing a Phd.
- •i want to send a second copy of this paper with the same bold lettering as above to dr.yyyyyyy too.Background: When i left the lab dr. Xxxxxxxx i started looking for a research home but i cudnt find one coz i was now considered "damaged goods" in terms of research potential so my academic advisor dr. Yyyyyyyyy told me that its ok to quit some ppl just dont work out.
- •I should tell my wife
- •I should tell my close friends
- •I should also tell my parents
- •Wait that's really passive aggressive.