SOME THINGS, THEY CHANGE. SOME THINGS, THEY DON'T.
I've been feeling weirdly introspective recently - maybe it's the holidays, maybe it's starting to see a therapist, maybe it's another birthday looming - but the following is a list of things that surprise me about myself at this time in my life...
- •Encountering adults that act like total, fucking children leaves me speechless.When I was young, I thought grown-ups were another species who just knew better. As an adult I'm amazed by grown-ups who don't know better. Truly dumbfounded. Like, how did you get though life being that fucking clueless?
- •I never thought I'd be one of those people who can't eat/drink something they used to.But man, arugula has become public enemy number 1 over the last few years. I used to be fine with it, now it makes me want to horf.
- •As a kid, I was never able to watch/listen to someone having a trick played on them.And I still can't. Punk'd, Candid Camera, prank calls, practical jokes - they all make me want to horf.
- •I never saw myself as a robe-wearing person.I recently purchased my first ever robe. It's all kinds of awesome.
- •Sloppily done Christmas tree decorations drove me crazy growing up.Growing older has given me a new perspective on what's really important during the holidays...and goddamn it if uneven light and ornament distribution isn't still at the top of my list. I will tweak my tree until I take it down. I've secretly re-organized friends' trees before. It's a sickness, I know.