6 RETREATS FOR YOGA LOVERS
If you are in need of a wellness retreat to get you back on track with your health and feeling centered, a yoga getaway is in order. We found the best destinations offering zen-focused programs and gratis classes with the goal of letting you take a trip dedicated to relaxing, recharging and renewing. Read here for the full story: http://bit.ly/20a3
- •Rancho Valencia Resort & SpaSan Diego’s Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Rancho Valencia has long been known as an ideal destination for active wellness seekers — the property boasts 45 lush acres of grounds, 18 tennis courts and a massive spa and fitness area. But one of our favorite areas of the resort is its 1,000-square-foot Serenity Yoga Pavilion, the site of complimentary yoga and Pilates classes. In addition, the resort offers monthly workshops, led by yoga director Anna Spalding, that focus on a host of subjects.
- •Twin FarmsVermont’s only Five-Star property is an intimate and all-inclusive retreat. Perfect for getting away from it all, this 300-acre property just unveiled a new yoga deck — it’s an ideal spot to find your zen and spy the spectacular fall foliage — as well as an expanded yoga programming menu that includes practices like sunrise yoga, gentle flow and yoga hikes.
- •Four Seasons Resort LanaiIt’s hard not to relax in the beautiful Hawaiian countryside, particularly when your home base is this newly renovated Four-Star resort on Hulopo’e Bay. Four Seasons Resort Lanai encourages guests to get outdoors with a bevy of beach workouts, including sunrise and sunset yoga classes on Hulopoe Beach, a tranquil location with breathtaking views of the rolling Lana’i mountains and dramatic cliff coastline. Additional beach workouts include fitness boot camp and hiking.
- •The Resort at PedregalCabo San Lucas may be known as a fair-weather escape for A-listers and a raucous destination for bachelorette bashes, but the super-luxe Resort at Pedregal ensures that you can also find a bit of peace in this desert oasis. The property’s Luna Y Mar Spa, where treatments are based on traditional Mexican therapies as well as the phases of the sea and moon, has a brand new offering that should ease any tensions over finding the right yoga getaway.
- •Rancho La PuertaCross just over the border into Tecate, Mexico (about 45 miles from San Diego) and you’ll find one of the world’s foremost wellness retreats. The resort has a calendar of practices year-round, but also features special yoga retreats regularly that are highlighted by visiting guest speakers, talented performers and workshop leaders (authors, politicians, musicians, artists, MDs and other leaders in their fields) to present afternoon learning experiences and evening lectures.
- •Washington School HouseThink of Park City and you might call to mind the Sundance Film Festival or world-class skiing. But you don’t have to be a black diamond lover to enjoy one of the city’s hippest downtown boutique hotels. The 12-room property partners with Park City Yoga Adventures to offer regular yoga classes deep inside the 10,000-year-old Homestead Crater. With the instructor demonstrating poses from the dock, guests move about paddleboards that float in the 90-plus-degree natural therapeutic pool.