IF I COULDN'T SLEEP
- •at age 8I would make a blanket tent out of my day bed and invite my younger sister to "camp" with me ⛺️
- •at age 11Read a book with one hand on the light switch in case I heard my parents coming down the hall to check on my sister and I 📚
- •at age 12Drag a sleeping bag into the walk in closet and sleep behind the clothes, imaging that I was a pitiful thing with a tragic life
- •at age 13-15Cry because things seem (are?) hard when you're in middle school and that's okay.
- •at age 16-18Stay up Facebook messaging boys in the dining room instead of studying; listen to angry/sad music and feel tired but not.
- •at age 19-20Girl had her shit together. Never had a problem sleeping, gold star! ⭐️ good job working out, too, that probably helped.
- •at age 23Make a list of ways I used to deal with not sleeping.
- •I came here to make a list and dramatize my current situation but instead I've finished this list and realized that sometimes I make up drama for myself when there is none, because my life is actually really amazing.
- •I had a wonderful, tranquil childhood. I have a wonderful, loving human who's all mine, fast asleep, breathing loudly next to me now. I've been too blessed to be anything but grateful. Goodnight, listers.