5 stages of reading reviewer comments
The PhD process is so much fun!
- •ResentmentFuck that guy he doesn't know what's novel
- •RegretWhy did I go into academia? 4 years in, I can still quit and start a microbrewery.
- •RationalizationPeer review is a useless exercise that perpetuates the need for validation and encourages narcissism, hierarchy and insecurity.
- •ResignationI guess it can go to a different journal, but it will probably get rejected there too.
- •Resume DelusionI'm gonna be famous! (When my adviser tells me how easy these comments are and we'll just revise and resubmit no biggie.)