Already on li.st? Open in app.
The Guild Seniors (cc @Debbie and @Hannah6) took Canton and Potsdam by storm on Wednesday and Thursday night, conducting a little bar tour for the sole purpose of research and science, of course. Here's what we found.
- 1.The ParkviewMy time at The Parkview made me feel classy and sophisticated, and stepping back into the rainy rainy reality of Thursday evening was a let down. This cozy upstairs wine bar has a full menu (the same as the Blackbird), frequent live music, more frequent recorded music, great vibes, and a small but great bar. Check out $2 beers and $3 glasses of wine on Thursday nights and bring a date!
- 2.Between the BunsTo be clear, despite what it's name might imply, Between the Buns is an upstanding burger establishment in Potsdam. Besides the burgers, it has a fantastic bar and sports-watching atmosphere. Take your pick of beers on tap or get a well-made cocktail while you munch on tater tots and watch the Hockey game. Go Blackhawks.
- 3.The St. Lawrence Brewing CompanyThe Brewery is COOL. I was DDing the night we were here, so I didn't get to sample any of their brews, but from what I've heard they were pretty on point. Foosball will cost you here, but darts, board games, and the great atmosphere are free. And good music. I also got a free root beer. Everyone go to the Brewery.
- •I really don't like having religion shoved in my face, but I'm extremely comfortable having religion shoved in my face.Ask @perry about that one time in Bojangles when I didn't bat an eye after the old lady read us a religious poem and talked about salvation.
- •I walk really fast, but I'm always late to everything and I'm very relaxed about it.Also inspired by @perry. She must know me really well or something??
- •I'm super casual and comfortable around older people, but still use "sir" and "ma'am.""Can I read you something you need to hear from the Bible young lady?" "Oh, yes ma'am!"
Because what's better than snacks and exclusivity?? Note: this list was originally requested by @perry, but in my haste to post it I deleted it by accident. List App has already gotten the best of me.
- •Smartfood White Cheddar PopcornSmartfood is a winner because it's easy to anxiously eat during movies, it comes in big bags, and it's really, really good.
- •CheesePreferably cheddar. Preferably lactose free. Preferably Cabot. But we're flexible.
- •Biscoff SpreadOur relationship with Biscoff is really just getting off the ground, but so far it's been a big hit with or without Wheat Thins. Here's to many more Biscoff adventures.