a short list of blessings.
- 1.my immediate familyI would be nothing without their love and support. if you do not know them, you are missing out.
- 2.the family that adopted me.this is my second family. unconditional acceptance and love keeps me sane.
- 3.THE kids.they are my heart. i have had the chance to watch them grow into teenagers over the last 6 years. they are amazing human beings.
- 4.my faith.I was born Catholic, but I do not affiliate with that church anymore. however, it did start my relationship with God. it is a struggle, but it is not without reward. this warrants another list entirely. sadly, at times, I find this harder to discuss than my sexuality.
- 5.my struggles.they are beneath the surface, but they run deep. without them, I would not have the intimate connections i have with my friends and family. in those times, you find your "ride or die" roots. I am blessed with some powerful people in my circle.
- 6.my friends.just a small sample. these are the ones in my present circle. and some who will be in my circle forever.
- 7.my camera.i have been told that people can feel an emotion from my photos. i will keep taking them until that changes. it has opened doors to people and worlds i would have never entered.
- 8.music.music is life.
- 9.breathing.some days that is harder than others.
- 10.direct and honest communication.I do not deal well with passive aggressive people. nope.
- 11.laughter.a great man told me that if I went more than three days without laughing, then I needed to change something.
- 12.love.I have loved more than the 3 people in this photo, but these three were willing to date me for a certain period of time. I would not be who I have become without them. Despite the pain, I will be forever changed by them.