THINGS I SHOULD NEVER HAVE AGREED TO DO
Things that seem simple always get more complicated. This list is just to remind me to trust my gut.
- •Take photos of my ex-gf and her family after we broke up.She only asked because I would not say no, then paid me fifty bucks. It made me feel like a cheap whore.
- •Scan five albums worth of family photos for a woman that I used to have a crush on.I am only through three of the albums and there are over 600 photos. I love the stories that photos tell, but there is an intimacy that I really do not want to have with her.
- •Live with a woman for a year and a half who I knew I was in love with her who is unabashedly straight.Heartbreaking to know that you will never have the equipment that they want or need.
- •Date a woman who had never slept with a woman before (or a man).This was part of my "you only live once" phase. No more dating curious women.
- •Accept friend requests from my extended family on Facebook.I already had limited my posts because my profile is an illusion, pieces of a life. I want real life interaction with people who mean something to me. And I had to retreat back into the closet that I escaped over 20 years ago because I do not know these people. And I don't need my 70 year old parents (who know,love & accept me) fielding questions about my sexuality.
- •Long distance relationship.No. Just no.
- •Give a speech at my brother's wedding in a dress.
- •Talk for hours on the phone after midnight with women who I am not dating or plan on dating.
- •Make a heartbreak playlist for an ex who is trying to get over another woman.Why do my ex's feel like they can ask me these things and it is okay?'
- •Allow a friend record me in a panda onesie while playing cards against humanity.