Where to Find Food & Wine's Best New Chefs of 2016
The 11 chefs behind these 12 restaurants (one from both Night + Market and Night + Market Song and a duo from Contra and Wildair) make up the 2016 class of Food & Wine's Best New Chefs. http://4sq.com/22OK414
- •Lazy Bear [San Francisco, CA]"As incredible as every course is, the bread and butter might be the best thing here." - Andrew J.
- •Emmer & Rye [Austin, TX]"Ask to say hello to the chef! Save room for dessert." - Ben Z.
- •MoPho [New Orleans, LA]"Absolutely fantastic!! Young inspiring chef with a well composed menu! Casual and fun atmosphere!" - Hanna F.
- •Salare [Seattle, WA]"Almost everything we ordered was great. Awesome attention to detail without over doing it. Particularly loved the charcuterie plate, crab custard, oxtail, and honeycomb tripe." - Stew T.
- •Liholiho Yacht Club [San Francisco, CA]"Phenomenal food. Fried rice with spam, shrimp and mushrooms, beef tongue buns to die for." - Nipun S.
- •Alter [Miami, FL]"Amazing innovative cuisine, top wine selection and impeccable service. Chef cooked us a vegetarian variation on the tasting menu and its among the best meals I've ever had. When in Miami, don't miss." - Abi S.
- •Bunny The Micro Bakery [Chicago, IL]"This tiny bakery is a wonderland of creative baked goods such as doughnuts, owl-shaped foie gras on toast, dumplings, jams and more." - Eater
- •Rose's Luxury [Washington, D.C.]"Arrive at 4:30pm to put your name down for dinner reservations when they open at 5pm. Excellent food, cocktails, and service. Don't miss the curry or the goat, always listen to specials." - Jenna O.
- •Contra [New York, NY]"Excellent price for a high brow prix fixe 5 course dinner with Scandinavian influences. Expect dishes to be bordering on raw, with delicate flavor profiles and foraged vegetable compliments." - ZZubin
- •Wildair [New York, NY]"The wine list is full of delicious things to discover, and wow that steak tartare is good!" - Emilie D.
- •Night + Market [Los Angeles, CA]"What makes the food here so exceptional is the extreme care taken, the roasting of chilies, the layering of flavors." - LA Weekly
- •Night + Market Song [Los Angeles, CA]"Everything we ate was delicious and properly spicy. Real Thai flavors. Crunchy rice salad was marvelous. Pad Thai wasn't stodgy. Even the tap wine was fine." - Virginia M.