MY FAVORITE DYSTOPIAN & POST-APOCALYPTIC BOOKS
O brave new world, that has such people in it.
- •1984George Orwell. Thought Police, rats, and doubleplusgood.
- •Brave New WorldAldous Huxley. Soma trips, tube babies, and mandated birth control.
- •Ender's GameOrson Scott Card. Buggers, jumpsuits, and lies.
- •The Gone-Away WorldNick Harkaway. World War III, ninjas, and destiny.
- •The Handmaid's TaleMargaret Atwood. Butter as a moisturizer, forced threesomes, and illegal literacy.
- •The Knife of Never Letting GoPatrick Ness. Accidental mind-readers, space colonies, and the best talking dog ever.
- •The Long WalkStephen King. A lottery, deadly tennis shoes, and a walk that never ends.
- •The RoadCormac McCarthy. The sea, canned food, and a grocery cart.
- •The StandStephen King. An escaped super virus, a band of survivors, and The Walking Dude.
- •The Year of the FloodMargaret Atwood. Urban gardeners, rakunks, and AnooYoo.
- •On The BeachNevil Shute. Radioactive winds, one month to live, and an epic wine collection.
- •Oryx & CrakeMargaret Atwood. Company town compounds, pleeblands, and ChickieNobs.