WHAT I WANTED TO BE GROWING UP, CHRONOLOGICALLY
A series of ambitions.
- •BlondeI asked my Cool Aunt who lived in California for a Marilyn Monroe wig when I was three. My mother refused, for fear that I would be mistaken for a tiny cancer patient.
- •BarbieBecause then, what job wouldn't I have? She does it all.
- •VeterinarianThis was after the juvenile delinquent next door shot our cat Sydney Bartholomew with a BB gun. Luckily Syd was saved by a hero and I was inspired.
- •AstronautOne field trip to the planetarium was all it took.
- •President of The United States of AmericaIn third grade, my platform was focused. And heartfelt.
- •EquestrianI went through the same horse phase that most girls do.
- •Dolphin TrainerI went through the same dolphin phase that most girls do.
- •WitchI went through the same witchcraft phase that most girls do.
- •LawyerI loved debating! And dramatic courtroom scenes! And business suits! And 💰
- •DoctorThis was a serious goal until it became depressingly clear that I was terrible at math and that, although calculus is not used by docs on the reg, it is a necessary hurdle. Dad's parents were both doctors and it was a true disappointment that first their son and then their granddaughter would fail to follow in their footsteps.
- •JournalistChanged my major from Journalism to Advertising / Marketing / PR before first semester even started.
- •Professional Talk Show HostI had some shows in college and it all went to my head.
- •Advertising ProfessionalNailed it.