ANNOYING THINGS THAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU UNSUBSCRIBE FROM A PROMOTIONAL EMAIL LIST
The best outcome is one click on the "unsubscribe" link, and you have sucessfully unsubscribed. This rarely happens.
- •You are led to a screen that asks, "are you sure you want to unsubscribe?" and have to hit an extra button
- •You are taken to a menu of various promotional emails and have to decide which ones, exactly, you don't want anymore, leading to more clicking
- •You are taken to a screen where you have to provide a login and password to unsubscribelike I remember my login and password
- •You are told it will take 7-10 days to process your unsubscribing request, and continue to get daily emails until then
- •You receive an email reporting you will no longer receive emails