BEST HOLIDAY SONGS 🎅🎶😊
I previously listed the Worst Holiday Songs WORST HOLIDAY SONGS 🎅🎶😖, so a positive spin on things is only fair.
- •Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman"So upbeat!
- •All I Want for Christmas is You- Mariah CareyRIIIGHT????!!!!
- •Happy Xmas- John LennonOhhh, so *this* is Christmas...
- •David Bowie & Bing Crosby's version of "Little Drummer Boy"Have you seen the video for this? Bing Crosby makes no effort in even feigning friendliness toward David Bowie. I also heard (by Pop Up Video) that David Bowie wrote his "Peace on Earth" part to complement his voice. Despite the stiff relationship in the video, the duet just sounds very beautiful.
- •Do They Know It's Christmas- Band AidSilly and cheesy, but c'mon, you don't see bands these days getting together and doing songs/charity efforts like this
- •I Love Those J-I-N-G-L-E Bells- Frank Sinatra
- •Mele Kalikimaka (Hawaiian Christmas Song)What can add to the happy feelings of Christmas?? Hawaii!!
- •Nat King Cole's version of "Chestnuts Roasting (The Christmas Song)"The definitive version to this song. Nat King Cole's voice is so cozy, in a warm blanket and cocoa and fuzzy slippers type way.
- •Jewel's version of "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer"The yodeling "beduya duya!" The soft, subtle "yipee" after "and they shouted out with glee"
- •Last Christmas- Wham!I'll give it to someone speh-shul