THE WORST DATE I'VE EVER BEEN ON 😖
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •it was college circa 1998
- •he had been home schooled up to that point
- •he had a daily regimen of wearing a checkered shirt, khakis and white reeboks every day
- •simplified the morning ritual and laundry day
- •i don't know where my mindsight was. must have thought there were no other prospects
- •we went to a comedy improv show and then a coffeehouse reading
- •a woman performed a lesbian-themed piece, and i noticed he looked uncomfortable and kind of pissed off
- •we left early. i asked him what was bothering him
- •and he said, "I abhor the practice."
- •to this day, it occasionally comes back to ring in my head as one of the most intolerant things I have personally heard
- •i said, "i'm sorry you feel that way."
- •instead of "I'm sorry you're the person you are."