COUNTRIES I WILL BE ROOTING FOR DURING EURO 2016 BECAUSE THE NETHERLANDS DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING QUALIFY
Euro 2016 starts tonight. Usually I am pumped for these tournaments, because my country is represented. Not this year, though. Because of a very shitty generation of players, we did not qualify, even though there were more spots than ever before. I'm not bitter, you are! I will still be watching, though. Here's who I will be supporting.
- •BelgiumOur neighbors to the south. There's a bit of a rivalry going on between our countries when it comes to stuff like this, but I support them. They have a very strong and talented squad. It makes it even easier for me to root for them because three of their players (Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld, and Thomas Vermaelen) came from the Ajax youth academy (Ajax Amsterdam is my favorite team) and had their big breaks at the club. Also half the country speaks Dutch.
- •EnglandThey tend to disappoint in big tournaments, but they have a solid squad with a lot of exciting and talented young players, such as Dele Alli, Harry Kane, and Marcus Rashford. I'm a big fan of English league football, so supporting their national team isn't a big leap.
- •FranceThe hosts and absolute favorites for the title. They have without a doubt the strongest squad of all, which includes world class players like Paul Pogba, Antoine Griezmann, and Anthony Martial. Get ready to celebrate and chill that champagne, @Lisa_Fav.
- •Sweden100% because I'm a fan of their star player, Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Just look at this goal he scored against England a few years ago.
- •Honorable mentions: Germany, Iceland (for @helga), and Wales.Also the Czech Republic, so @online can party her ass off in the next few weeks.