FIVE TIMES 2015 MADE ME WANT TO HIGH FIVE SOMEONE IN THE FACE
... With a chair. Thanks for the request, @quixotic!
- •Whenever Donald Trump opened his anus-like mouth.
- •Whenever I saw people defending the 'Black Pete' tradition in the Netherlands.It's mostly adult white people saying: "Keep your hands off our tradition. It is not racist, it's just fun for kids. Period." It's racist, shameful, and disgusting, and it needs to go. Fortunately it does seem to be changing (albeit slowly) for the better. This Vox article describes it pretty well (their only mistake is that it's actually not a Christmas tradition), in case you're not familiar: http://www.vox.com/2014/12/24/7446745/netherlands-black-pete-racist
- •Whenever I saw people violently protesting refugee shelters. Especially islamophobic, and xenophobic Dutch politician Geert Wilders (who looks and acts like a used toilet brush come to life), who riles those people up. He's basically Donald Trump with political experience.These people came from a war-torn region to find a safe place for themselves and their families. They risked their lives to get here. Trust me, they don't like the fact that they had to do this either. Stop acting like a child and treat these people with respect. And I know you're scared because of all the islamophobic fearmongering nonsense that has been going around, but please try to ignore that and educate yourselves. Geert Wilders is also very pro Black Pete, just FYI.
- •When I read a very strangely written negative and kinda sexist review of the Florence + The Machine concert I went to in a respected newspaper.The show was absolutely phenomenal, yet this guy bitched about the band and he had some weird comments about Florence's 'girly' speaking voice inbetween songs. Look how high-fiveable that face is.
- •Whenever I saw a grown-ass human being being unironically obsessed with Minions.Seriously, people, stop it. They are evil and annoying, and they need to be killed with fire. (The Minions and all their merchandise, to be clear)