I WENT TO SEE LEON BRIDGES IN CONCERT LAST NIGHT, AND I LOVED IT
Last night @kellyklaver, her boyfriend, and I went to see Leon Bridges live in Nijmegen (NL), and it was quite wonderful (as some of you have already seen on my Instagram and/or Snapchat). Here's a few highlights in pictures and GIFs.
- •Andra Day was the supporting act and mixed her own material (especially "Rise Up" is worth checking out) with her own versions of songs by Nina Simone, Kendrick Lamar, and Queen.Rise Up: http://youtu.be/kNKu1uNBVkU
- •He opened the show in a very high pace, by playing about 5 songs in the first 15 minutes, opening with my personal favorite "Smooth Sailin'"My (short) video of it, from which I also made the above GIF: http://youtu.be/drirNMHbjmk
- •He looks, moves, and sounds like he came straight out of the '60s, effortlessly cool.A clip from him performing "Better Man" I shot last night: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3hqHTcRBGnQ
- •He mostly played songs from his album "Coming Home" (which you really should check out if you haven't already)and a few new ones.
- •He closed his show with a beautiful rendition of "River."
- •Then, during the encore, he really let loose and brought the house down. Especially the 10-minute version of "Mississippi Kisses" was amazing.A man brought his little daughter (who, I'm guessing, was about 5-years old) and carried her on his shoulders during the whole concert, and during the encore Leon danced with her a bit, which was adorable,