MY FAVORITE ALBUMS OF ALL TIME
Thank you sooooo much, @nathanveshecco. This isn't hard at all. These are in random order, just so you know. Most of these are relatively recent, as you can see.
- •Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace (2007)This album is so damn good. Absolutely fantastic all the way through. My favorite tracks are 'The Pretender' and 'But, Honestly'.
- •Childish Gambino - EP (2011)My favorite rapper. Before he signed for a label, he released an EP, simply called EP. EPs also count for a list like this, right? Either way, this is my favorite hiphop album/mixtape/EP. It's incredible. My favorite tracks are 'Freaks and Geeks' (possibly my favorite rap song of all time), and 'Not Going Back'.
- •Frank Sinatra - In the Wee Small Hours (1955)Besides having a beautiful first name, he also had a pretty solid voice. This is a gorgeous record, with mostly sad songs. My favorites are 'In the Wee Small Hours', and 'This Love of Mine'.
- •Florence + The Machine - Lungs (2009)Amazing album with amazing songs. Florence Welch's vocals and lyrics are very much on point. My favorites are 'Dog Days Are Over' (I posted a fragment of their live performance of this one in Amsterdam on Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/_KCbrVh3ZI/ ), and 'Kiss With A Fist'.
- •Alex Turner - Submarine (2011)Soundtrack of the 2011 movie Submarine, directed by Richard Ayoade, who is a very good friend of Alex Turner. This one's also actually an EP. It sounds beautifully melancholic, which fits the tone of the movie perfectly. My favorites: 'Piledriver Waltz', 'Stuck on the Puzzle'.
- •Otis Redding - The Dock of the Bay: The Definitive Collection (1987)One of the greatest voices of all time, if you ask me. Such a shame that he died way so young. This is a compilation of his best work. Favorite songs: 'Cigarettes and Coffee', and 'Try a Little Tenderness'.
- •De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig - De Machine (2008)A Dutch hiphop act that I also mentioned in my top 10 albums of 2015 list ( MY FAVORITE ALBUMS OF 2015 ). This album is just a notch above the one featured on that list though. It's creative, weird, funny, and has amazing beats. My favorites: 'Buma In Mijn Zak', and 'Kerk'.
- •Boy & Bear - Moonfire (2011)A lovely folk rock album from a great Australian band. I've listened to this album a lot this year. My favorites: 'Feeding Line', and 'Part Time Believer'.
- •Arcade Fire - The Suburbs (2010)An album and band with a very unique sound and style. It's definitely not for everyone, but I love it. My favorite tracks are 'The Suburbs', and 'Ready To Start'.
- •Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City (2013)A very well received album, and rightly so. It combines very cheerful music with sometimes dark lyrics. Favorite songs: 'Unbelievers', and 'Finger Back'.
- •BONUS: John Mulaney - New In Town (2012)I felt like I had to include at least one comedy album. This is such an incredible comedy special, please check it out if you haven't already. John Mulaney is one of the greatest stand ups working today. Favorite tracks: 'Special Victims and Ice-T', and 'Delta Airlines'.