REASONS WHY I LOVE THE LIST APP COMMUNITY
Plenty of people have made lists like this, but I wanted to make one myself to show my appreciation for you all. I rambled quite a bit, so please look past that.
- •People genuinely support each other.It's an incredibly positive space. Every time I see somebody post something very personal, about things that have been bothering them for instance, I see pretty much exclusively messages of encouragement, kindness, acceptance, and understanding.
- •It spurs on creativity.I've noticed that this app and the people using it actually inspire me to be more creative.
- •Everybody hates Donald Trump.
- •It gives people a platform to share personal things they wouldn't easily share on other social media.This is kind of an extension of the 'support' bullet point. Because everybody is so nice and supportive it makes it easier and safer to share these things.
- •When a discussion takes place in the comments, it's usually very mature and civil, as opposed to discussions on any other social media platform.No name-calling, rudeness, or anything. The people here are usually open to criticism, learning new things, and hearing other sides of an argument.
- •People genuinely show interest in each other and want to get to know each other.The Secret Santa program (I've seen so many amazing personalized gifts) and the meet-ups that are being arranged in several places are great examples of this.
- •People here give great and thoughtful advice.When it comes to personal lists, I've noticed that people really take the time to read and understand the story before commenting, which is pretty rare on the internet.
- •A huge feminist presence.One of the benfits of such a large amount of female listers.
- •Maybe I just follow the right people, but I haven't seen any racism either, thank god.
- •I haven't seen any creeps lurking around.
- •There are a lot of people here with a great taste in, well everything. Music, TV, movies, comedy, you name it.
- •So many hilarious, insightful, weird, interesting, and fun lists.
- •You guys are as smart and funny as they come.
- •People like @jaidub, @TQ, @emilyannlosey, @saytrumbo, @erikaaa, @eatthelove, @pili_ervin, @ltoiaivao, @sally_lee @sarahgorman, @shanaz, @13spencer, @simplyshelli, @alimi, @k8mcgarry, @kaitmaree, @vmacies, @CaitlinD, @ChrisK, @graceadilla @element75, @applesarahgate, @julesypeeps, @helga, @dustinboone, @alexim, @alys & @lesbian are hereAlso, because there was no space left and I wanted to mention them anyway: @gwcoffey, @ladyprofessor, @Lisa_Fav, @mirthnuts, @Nicholas, @jessnobs, @mess, @alligeeshow, @barefootmeds, @breanne, @egkeller, @bware427, @meganelizabeth, @thecomicswife, @thebestSR, @michael_circa91, @LizDawson, @linzamauve, @katiesham, @p, @biz, @kellydehoop, @drugs, @gwenllain, @jacqueline, @nervesofscared, @manda, @keira, @macnchz, @bisexual, @bookishclaire, @dad3, @feminist @clairewentthere & @kelseyroot.
- •You are all great people who make this a better place.
- •(Also, I'm sorry if I didn't mention you, I fit in as many people as I could. Please forgive me as I am only human.)
- •I'm glad and proud to be a part of this. Happy holidays, everybody!